Friday, May 02, 2008

spring break recap

I'm still down here in OC. Re-connecting with my friends was really nice. The highlight of my visit down to OC this time was the Alpha Theta reunion. It was nice to hang out with my pledge bros. Grace's bday was the reason why we were there. I can't believe I got to see Saba!!!


And then...Kauai...the first day we got there, we just went and had dinner. Since it's 3 hours ahead there, we went to bed pretty early. The next day, we went to a little diner by our hotel to have breakfast and we met a new friend on our table, by the condiments.....


Yeap...it's a freaking gecko!

Then we went to get some stuff for our kayaking and hiking to the secret waterfalls at Wailua River. We didn't have a descent camera so we took some pictures with Nate's cell phone camera lol..ghetto!

Trying to look sexy after jumping to the water..it's cold!!

Nate took this shot, it's pretty cool...it gives a sense of hope...

Before lunch...the tour came with a sandwich lunch and a bag of chip, it was pretty cool eating there by the waterfalls. We came at the right time too because there weren't that many tourist.

Trying to be like the local. Behind us was the waterfall but since it's a cell phone camera, we didn't get the background shot we wanted..lol...

Second day we drove to the North shore at Hanalua Bay and went snorkeling. That was fun too! I got sun burnt! and then followed by walking around the downtown of Kapaa by our hotel. Third day we explored the South shore and went to the stores. Then we had dinner in downtown Kapaa at the House of Noodle. Then back to OC the fourth day...
Overall, it was a really relaxing vacation...Kauai reminds me a lot of Borneo where my parents came from, except maybe a little cleaner haha. I can't wait to go back home to the city. For some reason, I'm a little bummed and sad...not sure why...it's probably cuz I was rekindling some old memories...*sigh*...last but not least, I made something for Prelita before I came down here and I think I need to use it for myself....



No comments: