New year is a big deal because it marks people's full 12 months of lives, 365 days, 525,600 minutes of their moments. We make resolutions to better ourselves.
2009 was good for me. I made another big move, I found a job, I moved on, I made new friends, went to a lot of concerts, gained some muscle weights, and most of all, I made stronger bonds with my close friends.
My 2009 is also remarked by an interest from an old friend, a confession of "love" from someone who's in a relationship, and numerous invitations for a Ménage à trois....only from 1 couple...relax..hahah...
A part of me wants 2010 to be the same, meaning I want life to keep going steady as it is...because the end of 2009 has been one of the most decent time for me.
Another part of me, however, hope for better days, better than my so called "decent" life thus far.
Then, I realized...things don't have to change...things CAN get better...but instead of making a "bang" out of 2010, I'm just going to waltz in...no biggie..casually..like that one regular chinky-eyed dude walking into a club...hoping for nothing, no agenda...but have the best interest in bettering the world by bettering himself...one day, one minute at a time :)
Here's to a "new" Yonius...not knowing what to expect, embracing each trials, failures, and success of life, love, and happiness.
So what is my resolution? to keep reminding myself, that, sometimes, "unfamiliarity" is good.
Happy "unfamiliar" Year, everyone. :)
Sunday, January 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well said, bf. Cheers to the unfamiliar.
w00t!!
this reminded me of you. hahah the indo thing ya know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbB0xg2pbDg
Agreed. Happy 2010!
this was written on my 30th bday lol :D miss & love ya bro!
Post a Comment