Saturday, January 29, 2011

Angel

I've been kind of in a funk lately. No major cause...though to over-think a little bit, I'm about to turn 29, my last twenties before my age starts with the number "3" and maybe it's affecting me subconsciously...I'm not afraid of getting old, I'm just afraid I stop growing as a person...there's really no point of living when you don't grow to be better day by day. At least that's how I want to live, ideally...

Then today happened =)

3 days before my actual birthday, I get to hang out with one of the most important people in my life: Calie, my niece. She brings the kid inside of me, where I can just be myself and be nothing but just pure and fun...yet she also brings the adult in me who makes me strive to be one of her role models besides her parents.

We went to the Aquarium of the Pacific and spent some time just the two of us...at one point, this 5 year old asked me what the word "angel" means...I had to stop and think for a little bit before I answered. I told her angels are people who take care of us and protect us...she then asked..how do they protect us if we can't see them...I told her,"They protect us from doing bad things..like when you are doing nice things...something inside you tells you to be nice..sometimes, angels tell you to remind you."

Yes, corny and I made it up somehow...but that's what I think angels do. In my world.

She has her ways to just lift my spirit up...the random "I love yous" when she was ice skating, chewing her food, when I was driving, or while she was hugging me; made me melt a little bit inside...words cannot express how lucky I am to have a niece like you...I swear you taught me a lot about love and life. =)

I should've corrected her when she assumed we can't see angels...cause I can definitely see one of mine =) can't wait for our next date!

No comments: