I have never really put any thoughts into life in general lately and a conversation with a friend has made me realized how my perspective in life is put together. I went to a seminar for International Student at my school to discuss about working opportunities in the United States after I graduate and one thing I realized was that the rules are getting harder and harder. It just seems like the U.S. don't want me to be here...or at least that's how I take it....this has a lot to do with my previous experiences when it comes to trying to stay or come back to the U.S.
At this point, I don't wanna say that I am giving up. I am not, I am still trying my damn best to be here and at the same time, I gotta start thinking about my backup plans....26 is still young, I am lucky to have good friends, good health, and most of all, good and loving family. However, I need to start acting like a man. I can't keep hanging around and taking things day by day although sometimes, that's how you gotta see life.
A conversation with a friend has made me realized that the world is small. I am so glad I'm doing what I am doing right now, going back to grad school. So far, this experience has made me realized that I have lived in a really tiny bubble and that I don't know a lot of stuff outside my bubble. I might move to China or Australia or Canada. The seminar reminded me that this is not my home. Or at least not my home yet. I gotta start plan ahead. However, for now, it's necessary to just enjoy what I have and let it sink in...really deep and take it with me wherever I am going....deep blog...i know...I don't get this too often except when I'm with my close friends...we always talk about life and how human evolve and wanna do bigger and better things...*sigh* I love my friends...they are my family here.
To close up, Lil Andy made my weekend by sharing this video with me...I love Anjelah Johnson.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment