Sunday, July 12, 2009

'Leen' on me

I have to dedicate this weekend to my roommate, Leen. Thanks to her, I FINALLY started my first summer weekend. With both of our crazy schedules these past few weeks, we haven't had a chance to explore LA and hung out til this weekend. I gotta share...

It started on Thursday night, where she made a couple of drinks for us and then we went through my Downelink account to look for potential dates for me. That was fun...as she puts it, I can't just sit and wait for guys to message me...it's my turn to "send out my resume" to them. Hahah. She said, "It's just like looking for a job..you send out a lot of resumes...then you get an 'interview' and then you get the job!" ahaha....So we did...it was fun...we made fun of people, we laughed...all good..

Then Friday night, we went to see Tyrone Wells at Trubadour in West Hollywood. We got there early and I haven't had dinner yet. So we walked to the nearest restaurant to get something to eat real quick since, as Leen puts it, WeHo is "my hood" hahaha...the coolest thing was when we walked to the restaurant, we bumped into Tyrone Wells, the man of the night himself, I called him "Tyrone!" and he stopped and shook our hands and thanked us for coming to the show...that was cool :)

Leen and I @ Hamburger Haven

Tyrone, the man.

Saturday night, Leen got us tickets to go see a comedy show at The Laugh Factory. It was the best night ever! It was my first time as it was for Leen. I laughed like there was no tomorrow, I haven't laughed like that in a while. Then after the show ended, we walked to a bar called Lola's and had a glass of martini there. Then Erik picked us up to go to Akbar in Silverlake...that was ok..I think we had our fun regardless. We had our sinful, backstreet love action with a cup of Rocky Road and a cup of Chocolate Mint ice cream...yummm..

Us, in front of The Laugh Factory

In front of Akbar, they have this bubble machine, it was fun!

This is us, everyday, I give her love, she gives me a slap..*sigh*

Yo, Leen, Thong(?!!)

Then the next day, to counteract our love action, Leen and I went running at the Will Rogers beach (supposedly the gay beach of L.A.) then met up again with Erik and his friends there...shall I say, it was an interesting beach...you seriously will know when you go to that beach that it IS a gay beach...lol...98% of the guys there have chiseled body like those guys in A&F catalogs. You hear either Mariah Carey, Madonna, or Beyonce's songs on their portable iPod boom boxes....some of the guys also dance along with the music...Also, I'm starting to think that Volley ball is a gay sport...hahaha...but hey, we got our tan...oh! and I attempted to make new friends while I was there too...I volunteered myself to play volley with one of the groups there...I was pretty proud of myself!! :D

@ Will Rogers Beach

And to end the day? We went to The Boiling Crab!!!!!! FINALLY! I've been telling Leen that once I get a job, we're going there to celebrate! the thing is, we gotta go back there because Leen paid for dinner LoL...for sure the next time we go there, it's my turn!! :) Of course, can't end the night without Boba! ha!

I was ready !!!!

I'm good, I feel good, I wake up happy....The days are just getting better and better :). I knew I can count on my close friends! Next, it's time to follow Ms. LifeofMod's idea: get a gold fish. And I shall name it "rebound" hahaha. OH, and Happy Birthday, Doris :)

1 comment:

PM said...

I enjoyed reading about your fun weekend! I can't believe you shook Tyrone's hand..I'm so jealous! ...Happy for you bf. : )