Saturday, August 15, 2009

What is the truth?

Last night was another blessed night I get to have. I get to hang out with Calie, the only person that can seem to just pick me up when I'm down or having a bad day. She makes me look at the world in the most simplistic ways and forms.

We were watching Aladdin together...and then there was a scene in the movie where Aladdin was pretending to be a Sultan and try to woo Jasmine. She then found out that he was the street rat that stole the apple for her...she was mad and question him...somewhere along that scene, Jasmine said, "Why didn't you just tell the truth to me?"

Calie turned and asked me, "Soiku, what is the truth?" The simplest question yet it took me a while to think about it. I could be technical and tried to explain it to her...but the 3 and a half year old would probably be confused. Or I can just put it in the most simplistic way...I told her..."the truth is when you speak from here (point to her heart), honey." She starred at me...you can tell she was thinking about it...then she said..."Like when I say...my name is Calie?" I laughed...I said to her..."that is the truth" :)

I swear, I surprise myself sometimes...I surprise myself lately. I've been speaking from my heart :) More quality time with Calie :)

No comments: