Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dear my scrawny, hairless legs

Hi you two,

This weekend is the SF Marathon. Although my training has been irregular, I am positive it is more than our first marathon. So please don't give up on me. Most importantly, please remind me when I, myself, is about to give up:

  • Remind me I'm running for my sister, whom after my trip back to Indo with her, I am positively sure she's about the greatest mom that I've ever seen.
  • Remind me I'm running for my brother, whom although he's the second child in our family, he acts like he's the oldest one and I look up to him.
  • Remind me I'm running for my parents, because although they're not perfect, they're tremendous and endless love is what keeps me going.
  • Remind me that I'm running for my four beautiful nieces: Calie, who always presses the pause button whenever I go to the bathroom when watching DVDs with her. Kara, who just barely learned how to walk and walked right to me when she saw me this past weekend. My nieces back in Indo, Abbie and Maddie, I miss them a lot.
  • Remind me that I'm running for my nanny. She's not doing well right now, but she never stop caring for the people she loves including myself.
  • Remind me that I am running for my family in general, because without them, I won't have anyone to belong to.
  • Remind me that I'm running for my friendships, with every single people on this earth who make me whoever I am today.
  • Remind me also, that I am running for my ex, who although it was a heart breaking experience, he taught me one valuable thing in life. To let go.
  • Remind me that I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.
  • Oh, and of course, remind me to have fun! =)

You may be scrawny and hairless but you two are all I have.

Happily & Gratefully Attached,

Me.

No comments: